È un fatto davvero curioso quello che è accaduto a Marv, un gatto dal manto bianco e grigio: inspiegabilmente, infatti, il piccolo quattro zampe è rimasto incastrato tra due pareti di un garage, fuori dalla sua casa di Bristol.

Marv the cat had somehow become firmly wedged upside down in the gap between his ownerís garage and their next door neighbourís garage in Lydiard Croft, Hanham, Bristol. See SWNS story SWCAT.   It is thought he had been stuck for around two hours on 15 April when the neighbour heard his miaows and contacted the RSPCA.  Animal welfare officer (AWO) Simon Coombs tried to free Marv, but he was so tightly wedged in that he couldnít move him.  Simon contacted Avon Fire & Rescue Service for help and a crew from Yate Fire Station attended.  Upon examining the garages, it was clear that they would have to get to Marv through the neighbourís wall.  It took around half an hour for the officers to chisel the breezeblock free which revealed Marvís tail and back legs.    From there, AWO Coombs was able to reach in and pull Marv backwards out of the space.  Luckily the cat wasnít injured and was returned to his overjoyed family.

Il felino è rimasto in questa disastrosa situazione per ben due ore prima che qualcuno lo notasse e chiamasse i vigili del fuoco. Una volta arrivato, l’equipaggio si è immediatamente messo a scalpellare una delle mura all’interno di uno dei due garage per liberare Marv.

Fortunatamente l’impresa è andata a buon fine e il gatto ha potuto ricongiungersi ai suoi padroni Tilly e Bella Veale: i giorni successivi all’accaduto Marv è rimasto in casa a causa del trauma, ma fisicamente non ha incredibilmente subito alcuna ferita.

Marv the cat had somehow become firmly wedged upside down in the gap between his ownerís garage and their next door neighbourís garage in Lydiard Croft, Hanham, Bristol. See SWNS story SWCAT.   It is thought he had been stuck for around two hours on 15 April when the neighbour heard his miaows and contacted the RSPCA.  Animal welfare officer (AWO) Simon Coombs tried to free Marv, but he was so tightly wedged in that he couldnít move him.  Simon contacted Avon Fire & Rescue Service for help and a crew from Yate Fire Station attended.  Upon examining the garages, it was clear that they would have to get to Marv through the neighbourís wall.  It took around half an hour for the officers to chisel the breezeblock free which revealed Marvís tail and back legs.    From there, AWO Coombs was able to reach in and pull Marv backwards out of the space.  Luckily the cat wasnít injured and was returned to his overjoyed family.

Secondo i suoi proprietari il piccolo quattro zampe adora infilarsi nei luoghi stretti, ma non era mai arrivato a tanto.